Sunday, February 1, 2015

Fox’s and Wolfs: Styles Brainstorm

Topic: My storybook will be about both Fox’s and Wolf’s. I have always loved the idea of Foxes and Wolfs being in a story together because they are interesting animals and are very symbolic creatures. The stories I would like to include so far are The Wolf and The Fox, The Fox and The Wolf, The War of The Wolf and the Fox and How the Wolf Lost his Tail. I know I can find different stories with both foxes and wolfs but these were the ones I had time to read and that are very flexible with my choices of writing styles.
Bibliography:
1. The Wolf and The Fox, form the Household Tales by Jakob and Wilhelm Grimm (1812)
2. The Fox and The Wolf, form The Orange Fairy Book by Andrew Lang (1906) 
3. The War of The Wolf and The Fox, from The Green Fairy Book by Andrew Lang (1892) 
4. How the Wolf Lost his Tail, from Scottish Fairy and Fold tales by George Douglas (1901) 

Possible Styles:

Animals as storytellers: This is the style I am really wanting to do. In all of the stories I write, I like to write them in the perspective of one of my characters but never have I wrote a story in first person. It would be interesting to have one of the animals narrate the stories because I can be more creative with my writing and really get into the character of an animal.

Diary Style: This would be an also good writing style! I could have either the fox or wolf tell the story through a diary about their days in detail. I could tell the story as just diary pages from the end of the day so I could put the dates or just days of the week to be more specific.  Or I could even have one of the characters tell the story in their thoughts rather than a paper from a diary. 

Traveler as Narrator: This could be another good choice for my storybook. Because my characters are going to be on a journey, it would be interesting to tell the story as though everything had already happened and they are just telling the story to other animals or whomever. They could talk about their journey and who they ran into and what they saw.

Inanimate Object as Narrator: This would be my last choice as a style but it might be a good idea. Instead of having the fox or the wolf telling the story I could choose to have something tell the story. Maybe I could use something in the forest to tell the story like the trees. To have the perspective continue as the fox and wolf are traveling, I could have the object be all the trees in the forest watching the two animals and the trees could even talk to one another about the fox and wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment